Steps to Declaring a Major/Minor
- Choose between East Asian Studies, Japanese Language & Literature, and Chinese Language & Literature.
- Request an appointment with the faculty major advisor. Click here to determine the appropriate major advisor.
- Get a copy of the official Declaration of Major Form from our bulletin board, department office in New Cabell Hall or the Registrar’s office.
- Take the Major Declaration Form and the Major Advising Form (found on our bulletin board) to your appointment with the advisor.
- Fill out, with the help of the advisor, both forms.
- Return the Major Advising Form and the yellow copy of the Declaration of Major Form to the department office in 158 New Cabell Hall.
- Keep the pink copy for yourself and turn in the white copy to Monroe Hall, Room 101.
- Obtain a copy of the minor form for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or East Asian Studies (or on our bulletin board).
- Request an appointment with the appropriate advisor. (See advisors)
- Take the minor form to your appointment with the advisor.
- Fill out the form with the help of the advisor.
- Turn in the form to 158 New Cabell Hall and obtain 2 copies.
- Turn in one copy at Monroe Hall, Room 101 and keep the second copy for your records.