The Minor in Korean Language and Literature
Students who would like to minor in Korean Language and Literature must first consult the major advisor and submit a signed advising form.
Next step -- complete Declaration of Minor form through DocuSign (found HERE).
ADVISOR: YOON HWA CHOI
The Korean language and literature minor provides students with the ability to communicate effectively using Korean in everyday situations and to engage with a high level of comprehension across a broad range of authentic media materials, from newspapers and television series, to pop music and Internet videos. Students intending to minor in Korean language and literature are expected to have demonstrated competency in Korean at the intermediate level (i.e., at or above the 2000 level) through test placement or course credits.
- Completion of KOR 1020/1060 or the equivalent with a grade of C- or higher.
Requirements: 21 credits with the following distribution:
- 3 credits from EAST 1010.
- 18 credits of six KOR or KRTR courses of 3 or more credits at or above the 2000 level.
- Other courses with a substantial focus on Korea may be substituted at the discretion of the Korean minor advisor.
- You can dowload the advising form here.