Steps to Declaring a Major/Minor
- Choose between East Asian Studies, Japanese Language & Literature, and Chinese Language & Literature.
- Request an appointment with the faculty major advisor. Click here to determine the appropriate major advisor.
- Get a copy of the official Declaration of Major Form from our bulletin board, department office in New Cabell Hall or the Registrar’s office.
- Take the Major Declaration Form and the Major Advising Form (found on our bulletin board) to your appointment with the advisor.
- Fill out, with the help of the advisor, both forms.
- Return the Major Advising Form and the yellow copy of the Declaration of Major Form to the department office in 158 New Cabell Hall.
- Keep the pink copy for yourself and turn in the white copy to Monroe Hall, Room 101.
- Obtain a copy of the minor form (or on our bulletin board).
- Request an appointment with the appropriate advisor. (See advisors)
- Take the minor form to your appointment with the advisor.
- Fill out the form with the help of the advisor.
- Turn in the form to 158 New Cabell Hall and obtain 2 copies.
- Turn in one copy at Monroe Hall, Room 101 and keep the second copy for your records.
Majoring in Japanese Language and Literature
Majoring in Chinese Language and Literature
Majoring or Minoring in East Asian Studies
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found athttp://records.ureg.virginia.edu/index.php.