Korean Placement Testing
The Fall 2020 Korean Placement Test will be conducted online.
1. Please sign-up for the Korean language placement test HERE.
2. Students will receive the test instructions by email.
3. The placement test consists of two parts: reading/writing and an oral interview. The reading/writing test normally takes 90 minutes, and the oral interview is 10 minutes long.
PLACEMENT TEST TESTING PERIOD: JULY 27 – AUGUST 14, 2020
Who should take the placement test?
You will have to take the Korean placement test if:
- you want to enroll in a Korean language class at UVA and you have some background in Korean or have previously studied Korean (but have never taken Korean classes at UVA)
- you want to be exempt from the Foreign Language requirement and feel that your knowledge is equivalent to two full years of Korean classes
- you are a study abroad returnee and seeking to receive a transfer credit for the Korean language course that you had taken while abroad
The test is designed to ensure that a student will be placed in a class that suits his/her level.
What should you bring to the test?
Please bring TWO photo IDs, pencils, and erasers. You will not be allowed to take the test if you do not have appropriate photo IDs.
When will you know the results?
Using the last 4-5 digits of student IDs, placement test results will be posted on the Korean language bulletin board (across from New Cabell Hall 164) later on the test day.
Who to contact:
If you plan to take a Korean placement/exemption test, you MUST sign up before taking it. Please use the online sign up form here. Please contact Yoon Hwa Choi if you have specific questions.
The placement test consists of two parts: reading/writing and an oral interview. The reading/writing test normally takes 90 minutes, and the oral interview is 5-10 minutes long.